Location: Duluth, Georgia
The Account Supervisor is responsible for the relationship between the agency and clients. The Account Supervisor will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of agency resources. The account supervisor will be the key agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The Account Supervisor will oversee the account manager and account coordinator performance (when applicable) and reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various operating agency departments before they are delivered to the client.
The Account Supervisor reviews all creative concepts to confirm they meet strategic goals before delivery to the client for approval and consult with cross-departmental teams as necessary. The Account Supervisor remains in consistent contact with their agency accounts at a more strategic level than of the Account Manager.
Candidate should hold a business or marketing degree, along with successful advertising agency experience in more junior, supervised account group capacities. Candidate must have strong verbal and written communications skills; a capability for analytical thinking; a sense of entrepreneurship; dynamic presentation skills; personal organization; and interpersonal skills.
Reports to the Account Director.
May manage/direct Account Service Department Personnel
- Maintains direct senior-level client contact
- Manages the activities of Account Managers and Account Coordinators to ensure proper agency service to clients (when applicable)
- Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value through communications
- Receives client briefings and gathers additional insights/details as needed
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans
- Devises communications strategy
- Ensures technical and product representations are appropriate
- Ensures creative, production, media, public relations and digital department personnel are provided with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups
- In the absence of creative and media personnel, presents and effectively presents communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in pitching or proposing concepts and plans
- Ensures clients are provided with consistent project updates pertaining to timing and budget
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments
- Coordinates and authorizes SOWs for client approval
- Assists in preparation and internal review of client invoices
- Ensures the internal approval of copy, design, and production art, and supervises client approval of same
- Ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Ensures the coordination of project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Reviews important developments/briefings with relevant account team personnel and Account Director
- Ensures the development of weekly overviews/reports of client’s current activities.
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development
- Four-year degree from a college or university required
- Seven to ten years-experience in account service for an agency required
- Digital marketing experience required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Excellent time-management required
- Strong scientific background a plus
- Human or Animal Pharma experience a plus